Monday, February 2, 2015

Faction ADD

I've been playing Skorne since moving to CA and I feel the faction ADD coming on hard.  I would like to try to polish a gem in the rough and I'm not sure I see any casters like that in Skorne.

It feels like I have 3 and a half options:

1. Khador
Greylord Cav have never been assembled and I've only played one or two games with 3Butch.  I also purchased 2 units of TAC to use in Khador but never got around to assembling them either.  Old Witch has been calling me lately too with SR2015.

Downsides?  New jack isn't out yet and wont be this year.

2. CoC
I have the BEs coming something this month, a ton of lights to assemble for Syntherion and a second unit of Reciprocators.  This faction still feels Wild West-y in that not many people play it and there has to be some room for discovery here.

Downsides?  The slowest, grindyiest faction in the game.

3. Ret
Tons of things I haven't played here too.  New caster, new junior, new unit of infantry and UA, new awesome jack and a Colossal.  I also like some of the modern tier lists like pVyross with the double Daemon, force wall and the Rahn tier list with the Colossal.

Also Ret is a fast faction which isn't something I'm really used to.  May be worth it for that alone.

Downsides?  Playing Ret.  I know Andy loves them.

4.  Find something to play in Skorne
eZ likely should be played more.  Also I should likely play pHexy more when he arrives.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit it deleted my first comment. So this is likely to be less involved.

    Convergence: I think there are two/three dominant styles here and I don't think that any of them are really interesting. Also this faction probably shares some of the Skorne weaknesses.

    Khador: I don't think anything interesting has been released for them recently; optimizing butcher 3 doesn't seem like a worthy problems.

    I'd play ret, as much as I hate elves. Kaeylissa tier, Imperatus, Infiltrators, and Isserya are all interesting new features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ret is the most rewarding if you down just play the gimmicks. playing Rayvne as lMac has been a lot of fun. Force wall is a very different game as well. However Ret is not cryx or legion and you will have to play every game not just abuse the rules.

    Khador, given your arbitrary hate of MKII Khador models, I don't know if you want to play this. With the next book there looks to be a lot of new combos to explore. With Ruin and Mad dog some of the older casters may get some new legs.

    Coc its just the crappy Skorne wannabe faction. I find it both boring to play with and against. This may change in the next book(s), but no mercs, no character jacks, no hero solos means there is no style to the faction right now.

    I think that doing individual tiers is the most rewarding and fun experience. In a soft meta it also allows you to maintain your skills and be casual. Minions and Ret have some interesting ones, but Siege lButch and eSturgys have some interesting ones as well. This can be expensive. Personally this is what I do when the wanderlust gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would move away from skorne and CoC. Exploring Ret and Khador are both interesting propositions. They both have some interesting problems to solve due to limited model count. Creating problems could also be something interesting as opposed to solving problems. I highly recommend Rahn as an individual. that guy has some serious game and a ridiculous toolbox. Playing him to just blow casters up seems like a sweet mini game.

    ReplyDelete