Monday, February 16, 2015

ADD II: The ADDening

So progress on various fronts, first some generalities then some specifics.  The more I play SR2015 the more important it is to make good use out of the objectives.  So far the Artillery, the Free charge and the Upkeep objectives seem to be what people build lists around.  If you aren't going to play one of those you play the objective that is difficult to destroy at range.  I'm curious if anyone is seeing anything else.

With that in mind I've thought of a few things I would like to try in Skorne.  Fist with artillery seems like something to experiment with.  I think Fist will also like the beast pacts for a bunch of reasons:  an AD screen, they are still infantry for all his synergies(moving through, press forward, etc) and Def Ward.

It would also be nice to find homes for Zaardesh and the Shamblers.  They both belong somewhere and it has to be somewhere stronger then pHexy for the Shamblers.  I'm curious if you can squeeze them into a Fatty list.  I'm also not sure about Zaardesh.  I've been curious if two brutes with him in Mord may work out as the first wave.  They should be really difficult to deal with under the feat.

I've also played a little Khador, both games with the OW.  One I essentially won at the top of 2, the other I was outshot.  This is the list I played in both games:
Khador - Old Witch modern

53 / 53 (50+3) Warcaster(s) : 1/1 Warjack(s) : 2 Battle Engines : 0 Solos : 4 Units : 3

The Old Witch of Khador - WJ: +3
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
- Conquest - PC: 19

Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 2
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 2
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator - PC: 1
Ragman - PC: 2

Great Bears of Gallowswood - Volkov, Kolsk, Yarovich: 5
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 10
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev - Valachev 2
Winter Guard Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 4
- Winter Guard Officer & Standard - Winter Guard Officer & Standard 2

I think it needs a little tweaking.  It had too many support choices and not enough bodies.   There is nothing in it to discourage a Jam and that seems to really be a thing.  The Conquest was interesting but if there is a properly positioned forest people can still see through it to be shot, even if it too can see through the forest.  I should probably field Mechanics with it too.  I think this would be an improvement:

Khador - Old Witch Modern 2

53 / 53 (50+3) Warcaster(s) : 1/1 Warjack(s) : 2 Battle Engines : 0 Solos : 4 Units : 4

The Old Witch of Khador - WJ: +3
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
- Behemoth - PC: 13

Koldun Lord - PC: 2
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 2
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2

Great Bears of Gallowswood - Volkov, Kolsk, Yarovich: 5
Widowmakers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Winter Guard Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 6
- Winter Guard Officer & Standard - Winter Guard Officer & Standard 2
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 10
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev - Valachev 2

It mostly drops the Conquest down to a Behemoth to open up options.  The Widowmakers are an incredible unit that should help out with the jamming problem.  I found myself constantly short on focus so the Koldun Lord should help out there.  Eiryss was actually in the top list until I realized I didn't bring her with me.  The fleshed out Widowmakers and Winterguard should be the extra beef I need too.

At least it brings two jacks but its really just a single jack list.  

On the Ret front, I've picked up the models I need to play the various tier lists.  I've just need to get around to assembly, which will certainly happen any day now.

4 comments:

  1. Behemoth surprisingly is the shootier of the two with the two pow 14's. My only caution is the Koldun Lord. Power booster on Behemoth is limited in utility because of the nature of the sub cortex. The widowmaker marksman might be a good addition to support your guns. Alternately an IFK supports da Bears nicely. Black Ivan could also substitute for Behemoth in order to support the infantry. Bulldoze also helps out with clearing the jam. These are just thoughts overall the list looks complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Koldun lord is more there to provide focus so the Behemoth or Scrapjack can run. OW, even with two free upkeeps, is incredibly focus hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what would you pair this with? i have a very difficult time thinking of 1 off lists.

    kayazy instead of winterguard is a thing, too. you don't really have a way to abuse winter guard REALLY badly. protecting kayazy with the feat seems good. she is also perhaps one of the few who can actually run kayazy still and not feel like she could have something much better in that slot.

    I also like the idea of "breaking" scrapjack. i'm not sure what that list looks like, but it might have something with sucker to pawn a shot off to OW. It would be a fun screwball to throw at people

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would pair her with lButch.

    I just want ranged attacks and she has Iron Flesh. My other infantry options for ranged attacks are either all taken or less effective. I also don't think l lButch wants the WGDS so I should take it here as its a power piece in Khador.

    The scrapjack with upkeep on it is already incredibly effective vs. single wound infantry. Yo-yoing it if you can is really a thing.

    ReplyDelete